International Union of Nutritional Sciences
The International Union of Nutritional Sciences (IUNS) is an international non-governmental organization established in 1948 and dedicated to the advancement of nutrition. Its membership includes now?83 national adhering bodies and 15 affiliations.
The Objectives of the International Union of Nutritional Sciences are:
- To promote advancement in nutrition science, research and development through international cooperation at the global level.
- To encourage communication and collaboration among nutrition scientists as well as to disseminate information in nutritional sciences through modern communication technology.
Discover this IUNS video featuring advances on protein quality and requirements:
The International Union of Nutritional Sciences features contemporary global nutrition issues, such as:
- The Global Challenge of Obesity and the International Obesity Task Force
- The nature and determinants of child development and their implications for programmatic interventions with young children
The IUNS also embraces global nutrition agenda to address:
- Food and nutrition problems in developing countries
- Food safety training for nutritionists